Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Big 2-8

Yesterday was my 28th birthday and it was pretty much just business as usual around here with a few exceptions...

got to sleep in 'til 9

birthday call from my brother Nathan

had blueberry muffins and juice for breakfast

Joe went to work

made the beds

birthday call from Mom and Dad Williams

blogged

did the dishes

swept the kitchen

vacuumed the Family Room

cleaned the microwave

birthday call from my friend Carlie

let the kids watch a cartoon so I could clean in peace

put the baby down for a nap

cleaned the bathroom

used the wrong blue spray on the mirror

had to clean it 2 more times to get it clean...used Windex

did 4 loads of laundry

put away 2 other loads I've been putting off for way too long

changed who knows how many diapers

lunch for the kids...the standard pb&j, cheese and carrots

lunch for the baby...Gerber pears and pineapples

lunch for me...leftovers

scheduled visiting teaching appointments

kissed too many owies to keep track of

enforced a time-out for hitting

made up with hugs and kisses 2 minutes later

finally took a shower

birthday call from my brother Jared and his wife Caitlin

sister-in-law Michelle came over to visit for my birthday

Joe came home from work

birthday visit from Mom and Dad Chandler

hung out with Michelle

had my favorite kind of birthday cake...yellow cake with chocolate frosting (thanks to Mom C)

dinner for the kids...dino nuggets, fruit salad and toast

found out Joe arranged for a babysitter so we could go out!

dropped the kids off with Grandma and Grandpa Chandler

had free frozen yogurt at TCBY

went on a walk at Lake Lowell

walked around one of my favorite stores...Cost Plus World Market

picked up the kids

put the kids to bed

read a little "Breaking Dawn" (book 4 from the Twilight series)

hit the sack

8 comments:

hilla said...

Nice! Happy BDay! 28.... wew, getting dangerously close to 30. Mine is coming soon.

Julee said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I don't know if you remember me, I was in your ward in Nampa for a while - and what a small world, I took some stamping classes from your sister-in-law Caitlin!)
Love your blog!

Julee said...

Thanks Rachel! I love to see what everyone is up to on blogs too. That would be funny if we'd been in the hospital at the same time. No I didn't make my background - I got all the digital items from shabbyprincess.com and my husband did the background/header design. I like to cut and paste with actual paper :)

valerie said...

Happy Birthday, what a day you had.....ugh, not much of a relaxing one though. But then again, is there ever a relaxing day with 3 kids???? Nope. Not till they are all old enough to be left alone......a good 10 yrs or so huh? :)
I hope you had fun regardless of the everyday mommy stuff.

Carlie said...

What the heck are you doing all that work on your birthday for??? That's what hubbies and kids- I mean slaves are for- one day a year won't hurt them!!! Are you serioulsy on book #4 now? What do you think?

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! It doesn't sound like you had much down time! What a busy birthday, hope you had a good one!

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Oh, Rach - I am so sorry I forgot your birthday!!! I feel extra bad because you remembered mine last month. Sounds like you had an average day with a few perks. Just know I love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I just finished Breaking Dawn and Adam is reading it now. Happy Birthday!!! I love reading your blog to see what you guys are up to.

Love ~ Adam and Lauri