Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend at the Cabin

We took the kids up to my family's cabin in Smith's Ferry for the weekend to have one last little get-away before the baby comes. On the drive up, Kate was getting a little apprehensive about the whole thing and started asking if we could go home. But after the weeked was over and we were driving down the hill to the highway, she started wimpering and saying she wanted to stay at the cabin. So needless to say, they really enjoyed it and it was nice to spend some relaxing time together.
Joe's sister, CoraLyn, and her family came up for a night too but I didn't get any pictures of them. (oops) It was fun hiking, swimming, hanging out, watching movies, playing games and of course snacking and eating!
We took the kids on a little walk (for me it was more like a hike because I'm so huge). Sam was all about just going ahead and tromping down the road without looking back. Kate really loved seeing the flowers.

Joe with the kids on the deck before our walk.

Sammy hiking up the hill like a champion.


Kate with a cute pose during the walk.

Huge Mommy trying to keep Sam reigned in.


Daddy and Sam about to go on their "boys hike."

Kate up on the deck.

Daddy and Sam on the walk.

Here's a funny little video of the kids playing with Joe. They love to do this at home so why would the cabin be any different?



8 comments:

Lacey said...

fun get-a-way guys! Let me know what we find out about baby in the ultrasound. Hang in there Rach!

Waters said...

This makes me want to go camping RIGHT NOW. I just love fun get-a-ways with family. Luckly my jelousy will be fulfilled next weekend when my family goes camiping. :)
By the way, when are you due? I cant remember. I just love seeing pregnant women, I just posted a comment on Jen Wadley Gilepse(sp?) blog about how a lot of us girlfriends are "with child" or just had one. its pretty wild.
okay I also have a favor for you. I posted an opinion post about to "epidural or not" and would love to hear your opinion. my first was a c-section and with this one I plan to go v-back so I need all the ideas I can get. (by the way, have I ever told you about how much I love your mom? what a neat lady, seriously.)

valerie said...

its nice to have someone else to feel my "pain" of having a fisherman for a husband!! haha
I am all for the "getting everything in before the baby comes" activities. It looks like you guys had so much fun, but I would go to a cabin any day!!!
I overread your comment on hillarys blog about havin th ebaby july 16th.....that's so soon, how exciting!!! I thought you were getting close, but don't you just love knowing exactly when you are going in, best plus to csections!!
Hope you are feeling good, and you are ready for this baby! You can tell me how hard it is to adjust to 3 kids......eek, I'm a little nervous to add one more to the commotion as it is! No going back now!

hilla said...

hahaha! You are such a trooper to be out and about with everyone with that belly! (i was equally as big, so i know how you feel lugging that baby up tiny mole hills that feel like Mt. Everst!)Looks like you all had a ball.

hilla said...

ps- where did you get the blog list that tells you when the last time they visited/updated(?) was?

The Crazy Heads said...

Rach, holy cow! How are you feeling? Do you think you will deliver soon? You look great. Oh, and what are those days and months underneath everyone's blogs links mean? Hope you are feeking well.

The Crazy Heads said...

that was suppose to be feeling well! what is feeking anyway????

Tiffany - Tom said...

i love your blog.. the family moveis were great!! it was nice to talk to you too.. hope the baby coms soon for you... cant wate to see..


with love
Tom and Tiff